Re: PATCH: Possible solution to VM problems (take 2)

From: Juan J. Quintela (quintela@fi.udc.es)
Date: Wed May 17 2000 - 19:12:44 EST

Hi
        after some more testing we found that:
1- the patch works also with mem=32MB (i.e. it is a winner also for
   low mem machines)
2- Interactive performance looks great, I can run an mmap002 with size
   96MB in an 32MB machine and use an ssh session in the same machine
   to do ls/vi/... without dropouts, no way I can do that with
   previous pre-*
3- The system looks really stable now, no more processes killed for
   OOM error, and we don't see any more fails in do_try_to_free_page.

Later, Juan.

PD. I will comment the patch tomorrow, I have no more time today,
    sorry about that.

are different -- Larry McVoy