Re: 2.3.99pre3+4-3 boot failure on 8way x86

From: Manfred Spraul (manfreds@colorfullife.com)
Date: Mon Apr 03 2000 - 10:33:33 EST

From: <chris_good@webtop.com>
> Both 2.3.99pre3 and pre4-3 hang on boot. Console messages (badly copied
out)
> are :
> Stack at about d411bfbc
> OK.
> CPU3: Intel Pentium III (Katmai) stepping 03
> Booting processor 4 eip 2000

Is that the first application processor the kernel starts?
It seems that the first few cpus started, and that then one cpu didn't
launch.
Could you try to boot with

        max_cpus=2

on the boot loader command line?
I assume the kernel will boot, and then you could post the complete console
output to the list.

Btw, do you have another OS that supports the hardware? I'd like to exclude
a hardware problem.

--
    Manfred