Re: IP changes in 2.3.4x make things wierd?

From: Chris Wedgwood (cw@f00f.org)
Date: Tue Feb 22 2000 - 15:03:14 EST

> While we are at breakages:
> ping on a 2.3.47 system with lib5 is broken
> Error:

The standard linux ping is horrible at best anyhow -- I have a better
one that once checked a little more I will submit for possible
inclusion to netkit-base (it is a port of the FreeBSD current stuff
with a few cleanups).

> socket: Operation not permitted

Can you send me an strace of this (you will have to do this as root),
something like:

        strace -ofile ping -c 1 16.1.0.2

and send me 'file'

-cw