Re: Virtual mounts

From: Alex Khripin (kolex@erols.com)
Date: Mon Feb 21 2000 - 19:00:39 EST

Usefulness is with demand-based mounting and unmounting. If a floppy is virtually mounted, then it will be unmounted
after a while. This is good because a user who leaves the system overnight may come in the morning and eject the (dumb)
floppy without remembering that it is mounted.
Now, what do you have against devfs? I think I can predict what you will say, but go ahead. Instead of complaining about
"Bad Thing" you might want to make some useful suggestions.