2.3.47-7 binary support messed up?

From: Ari Pollak (compwiz@bigfoot.com)
Date: Sun Feb 20 2000 - 15:27:38 EST

With 2.3.47-7, when I run a script that has
#!/usr/bin/perl
at the top of it, it runs fine. However, when the line looks like:
#!/usr/bin/perl -w
or contains anything else after the regular interpreter, a
message appears like:
bash: ./runme.pl: No such file or directory

This does not just happen with a perl app. If I have a shell script, and i
add a parameter after #!/bin/sh, i get the same message.
I am using gcc 2.95.2, ELF, a.out, and MISC binary support compiled into
the kernel, running 128 MB RAM, and an AMD K6-2 450.
Contents of /proc/modules:
Module Size Used by
ide-cd 24140 0 (autoclean)
cdrom 26620 0 (autoclean) [ide-cd]