Re: PCMCIA still doesn't work for 2.3.46-pre2

From: Daniel.Egger@suse.de
Date: Sat Feb 19 2000 - 08:49:34 EST

On 17 Feb, David Hinds wrote:

> The Xircom REM56G is a 16-bit card, even though it is 10/100. At
> 100baseT, it will be faster than 10baseT, but that's about all you can
> say about it. The best performance I've seen from a 16-bit card at
> 100baseT is about 1.5 MB/sec.

 Thanks, I also verified the manual and it states that this card is
 running 10Mbps at it's max even when in 100baseT mode. It's just
 a compatibility feature. Will have to complain about that, it's quite
 annoying to order a dual bandwitdh ethernet card and get such a crappy
 and power consuming (nice feature in winter, just take it out of the
 slot and put it into your pocket... :/ ) 16 bit card....

--

Servus, Daniel