Re: Many daemons

From: Simon Richter (geier@phobos.fachschaften.tu-muenchen.de)
Date: Thu Feb 17 2000 - 16:53:20 EST

On Thu, 17 Feb 2000, Andy Henroid wrote:

> > Maybe there should be some more generic interfaces
> > (ie a generic interface to user mode to inform
> > people about suspend/resume), but I do not think
> > there should be complete unification..

> Actually, I think unification of acpid and apmd
> would be good. True, with its AML interpreter,
> acpid would be a bulk of the binary right now but
> I forsee that diminishing and acpid containing the
> same amount of functionality as apmd. Unification
> would be nice from the user/install perspective.

Perhaps we could make the policy manager support APM as well. This way, we
won't need acpid for APM systems, and we have a unified interface for user
programs. Comments? Suggestions?

   Simon

PGP public key available from http://phobos.fs.tum.de/pgp/Simon.Richter.asc
 Fingerprint: 10 62 F6 F5 C0 5D 9E D8 47 05 1B 8A 22 E5 4E C1