kernel read/write question

From: Christopher A. Baumbauer (cab105@yahoo.com)
Date: Thu Feb 03 2000 - 16:44:33 EST

Greetings,

I am modifying the read/write calls in the ext2 fs,
and I would like to know where the read/write system
calls are handled so that I could implement a
compressed fs that will run a compression algorithm
while the file is being read/written, but before the
program notices anything different? While looking at
the kernel source, I noticed that there were several
different read and write calls in the kernel, and I am
not sure which does which (fs/read_write.c &
fs/ext2/read.c for example). I'm not even sure if I
should be looking in the fs directory.

Ciao