Re: vger sending to USWEST people

From: Mike A. Harris (mharris@meteng.on.ca)
Date: Sun Jan 23 2000 - 05:41:14 EST

On Sun, 23 Jan 2000, James Manning wrote:

>[ Sunday, January 23, 2000 ] Mike A. Harris wrote:
>> I have received a number of extremely rude messages from people
>> with USWEST email addresses. I am keeping their email addresses
>> private for now, however will provide them to matti or davem if
>> necessary.
>
>This has been cleared up already and Matti already posted an explanation
>of what happened... you must be more lagged vger-wise than any of us :)

Yes, I see that now. I get mail over ppp, and lots of it. I did
not get Matti's response until after I posted...

>> The way I see it, someone out there is subscribing people without
>> their knowledge somehow. I don't know how that can be prevented,
>> but please someone look into it ASAP.
>
>It was a .forward file full of ~40 uswest.net addresses.

Yep, hope these types of things dont recur too often..

TTYL

--
Mike A. Harris                                     Linux advocate
Computer Consultant                                  GNU advocate

Join the FreeMWare project - the goal to produce a FREE program in which you can run Windows 95/98/NT, and other operating systems.

http://www.freemware.org