SYSRQ - does not work for me still.

From: Mike A. Harris (mharris@meteng.on.ca)
Date: Sun Jan 23 2000 - 05:29:57 EST

Hi all. A while back I wrote about SYSRQ not working for me. I
took various people's suggestions, and tried them all to no
avail.

I am using an MTEK K208 keyboard (101 key).

When I press ALT-SYS-REQ, I get NOTHING.

Here are the key codes when I press various things:

Make and break codes are together.

LEFT ALT : 0x38 0xb8
RIGHT ALT : 0xe0 0x38 0xe0 0xb8

PRINT SCREEN: 0xe0 0x2a 0xe0 0x37 0xe0 0xb7 0xe0 0xaa
(Print screen generates all 8 bytes simultaneously regardless of
wether or not the key is held down. No break code appears to be
generated at all.)

Now if I press:

LEFT_ALT + PRNT_SCRN: 0x38 0x54 0xd4 0xb8

>From above, it is shown that the left alt MAKE code is there,
followed by 0x54 0xd4 which must be the SYSRQ sequence (at least
on my keyboard). followed by the ALT break sequence 0xb8.

This keyboard has SysRq labeled on the front of the Print Screen
key, before anyone asks again. Also, programs that use
ALT-Printscreen in MSDOS for printing or doing a screenshot
*WORK* on my keyboard no problem.

RIGHT_ALT + PRNT_SCRN: 0xe0 0x38 0x54 0xd4 0xe0 0xb8

Again, the sequence 0x54 0xd4 is sandwiched between the Right Alt
keypress make and break codes.

I would greatly appreciate it if someone could give me detailed
help on how to get SYSRQ working on my system via private email.
I've been given hints into the source code, however I've not
found what needs to be changed, nor do I know exactly how to do
so.

Please, if you can help me, reply via private email.

Thanks
TTYL

--
Mike A. Harris                                     Linux advocate
Computer Consultant                                  GNU advocate

Join the FreeMWare project - the goal to produce a FREE program in which you can run Windows 95/98/NT, and other operating systems.

http://www.freemware.org