vger sending to USWEST people

From: Mike A. Harris (mharris@meteng.on.ca)
Date: Sun Jan 23 2000 - 03:39:18 EST

I have received a number of extremely rude messages from people
with USWEST email addresses. I am keeping their email addresses
private for now, however will provide them to matti or davem if
necessary.

I posted a reply to Alan Cox on l-k and to alan directly, as well
as various other postings on l-k. Many people from uswest seem
to be getting these postings who don't appear to know they are on
the mailing list, or even what Linux is for that matter.

The way I see it, someone out there is subscribing people without
their knowledge somehow. I don't know how that can be prevented,
but please someone look into it ASAP.

--
Mike A. Harris                                     Linux advocate
Computer Consultant                                  GNU advocate

Join the FreeMWare project - the goal to produce a FREE program in which you can run Windows 95/98/NT, and other operating systems.

http://www.freemware.org