Re: 2.3.40-6 locks up the keyboard and mouse. It also fails to load my PCMCIA drivers.

From: Wakko Warner (wakko@animx.eu.org)
Date: Thu Jan 20 2000 - 19:14:19 EST

To: Miles Lane <miles@amazon.com>
Cc: linux-kernel

I'm CCing this to the list since I know how to unlock the keyboard and where
it might be at. Comments?

> If you build both the yenta and i82365 drivers, I think only
> i82365 driver gets used. If the yenta driver isn't loading for
> you, simply don't build the i82365 driver.

Compiled in both drivers (I'll try with out the I<whatever> driver, I hate
typing that number!). Right now, I can use pcmcia/cardbus cards in the
laptop. Yenta doesn't seem to compile as a module right now tho.

> On the other hand, the yenta driver may be the culprit in
> locking up my keyboard and mouse, so you may want to wait
> until 2.3.40 is released before trying again.

I found out that if I move the mouse, the keyboard locks (gpm was running,
/dev/psaux). The mouse also does not move. Now, I telnetted into the
machine and started unmounting/killing things for a crash. I killed gpm and
the keyboard started to work again. This didn't happen before when (no
pcmcia compiled in before, now both yenta and intel cardbus/pccard is in
kernel)

P.S. Can anyone recommend a good 10/100 cardbus card other than a 3com
3c575? I can't download at 100mbit (exceeding ~4 or 5mb/sec) and write to
the hdd w/o the machine locking. Reply in private on this.