Re: Interesting analysis of linux kernel threading by IBM

From: David Lang (dlang@diginsite.com)
Date: Thu Jan 20 2000 - 21:21:57 EST

Shortly before I went and purchased $10,000 encryption co-processors for
my SSL web servers it was not unusual to see a 5 min loadave of 30-50 (and
one time I saw it go up to 144!!). This was on AIX quad 233 2G ram RS/6000
servers, after I got the encryption co-processors the loadave dropped to
5-10

David Lang