Re: [patch] Proper MCA detection for AHA-1640

From: David Weinehall (tao@acc.umu.se)
Date: Wed Jan 19 2000 - 09:24:51 EST

On Wed, 19 Jan 2000, Adam Fritzler wrote:

> I am not specifically away of any MCA+ISA machines, I just figured there
> probably had to be one out there somewhere. I am not familiar enough with
> IBM's older lines to say for sure.

None of IBM's models have MCA+ISA, their PC-Server 720 does have MCA+PCI,
however.

> The probing code in aha1542 actually should be redesigned a bit, IMHO. I
> think the ISA PnP support was just pasted in, and it was clearly not in
> the original design of the detection routine.

Maybe, maybe not. Then again, why bother about nice design for ISA, when
ISA obviously isn't designed nicely to begin with... :^)

But seriously, I'll do something about it, to make sure that the ISA-probe
is skipped if (MCA_bus) ...

/David
  _ _
 // David Weinehall <tao@acc.umu.se> /> Northern lights wander \\
// Project MCA Linux hacker // Dance across the winter sky //
\> http://www.acc.umu.se/~tao/ </ Full colour fire </