Re: [Semi-OT,important] ORBS globally blocks users of these lists

From: Rik van Riel (riel@nl.linux.org)
Date: Tue Jan 18 2000 - 18:55:31 EST

On Tue, 18 Jan 2000, Jonathan Nicholson wrote:

> My 2p - ORBS just doesn't do checking correctly, we got a message
> a few months back saying we were to be black holed - but we're not
> an open relay, Janet tested us over a year ago and gave us a clean
> bill of health... Their checks just gave bogus answers.

ORBS doesn't do that until they get the try-to-relay
message back in their own mailbox.

The fact that the message was relayed back to the
ORBS server indicates that your server must be in
error.

No matter how `broken' the tests of ORBS are,
without your server relaying the message back
to them it won't get blacklisted.

regards,

Rik

of people. That is its real strength.