Re: Linux crypto patch for 2.3 kernels

From: Mike A. Harris (mharris@meteng.on.ca)
Date: Tue Jan 18 2000 - 00:50:49 EST

On Mon, 17 Jan 2000, Marc Mutz wrote:

>Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2000 19:17:04 +0100
>From: Marc Mutz <Marc@Mutz.com>
>To: Andrew Pam <xanni@glasswings.com.au>
>Cc: DAVID BALAZIC <david.balazic@uni-mb.si>, LINUX-KERNEL@vger.rutgers.edu
>Subject: Re: Linux crypto patch for 2.3 kernels
>
>Andrew Pam wrote:
>>
><snip>
>> >
><snip>
>> desirable, I believe that the new regulations now in place already permit
>> encryption to be included in the standard Linux kernels as I suggested.
>>
><snip>
>
>Is USA the only country in the world with strange crypto export
>regulations? Let's not make the main linux kernel illegal for people
>living in such countries...

Why not? If the USA relaxes, then I'm sure others will due to
pressure. The ones that matter anyways... Who cares if
Millenium island can legally use the official kernel?

Mike A. Harris                                     Linux advocate
Computer Consultant                                  GNU advocate
Capslock Consulting                          Open Source advocate

Join the FreeMWare project - the goal to produce a FREE program in which you can run Windows 95/98/NT, and other operating systems.

http://www.freemware.org