Re: Linux crypto patch for 2.3 kernels

From: Marc Mutz (Marc@Mutz.com)
Date: Mon Jan 17 2000 - 13:17:04 EST

Andrew Pam wrote:

<snip>
> > > hope that as a result of the new US regulations on crypto export that take
> > > effect today this can be included in the official kernels soon.

<snip>
> desirable, I believe that the new regulations now in place already permit
> encryption to be included in the standard Linux kernels as I suggested.

<snip>

Is USA the only country in the world with strange crypto export
regulations? Let's not make the main linux kernel illegal for people
living in such countries...

Marc

--
Marc Mutz <Marc@Mutz.com>        http://marc.mutz.com/Encryption-HOWTO/
University of Bielefeld, Dep. of Mathematics / Dep. of Physics

PGP-keyID's: 0xd46ce9ab (RSA), 0x7ae55b9e (DSS/DH)