Re: vger rejecting messages from mediaone (ORBS is evil)

From: Jeff Millar (jeff@wa1hco.mv.com)
Date: Sun Jan 16 2000 - 20:45:44 EST

I'll go with 2) Probing is always OK (unless it becomes a
denial of service). That's why we have crack, et al.

The web will be a better place if the good guys "check the
doors" extensively. Otherwise, you're relying on a variant
of security by obscurity.

Other possible bumper stickers...

If probing is outlawed, only the outlaws will have probes.

If you don't want probes, keep off the net.