Re: [Patch] Cleanup struct gendisk registration, 2.3.40-pre1

From: Andre Hedrick (andre@suse.com)
Date: Sun Jan 16 2000 - 01:00:57 EST

On Sat, 15 Jan 2000, Linus Torvalds wrote:

> Note that the init() thing does allow for ordering too, we just need to
> make sure that the ide objects get linked before the scsi objects, and I
> think that's how the makefiles are already set up.

Is the order not dependent on how ./drivers/block/genhd.c orders the
device_init() and more so refined ./drivers/block/ll_rw_blk.c
blk_dev_init()? Thus the link order of objects appears to be a non-issue.

Did I miss something?

Sheesh...I hate crawling out of the low-level guts to see what really goes
on above.........

Andre Hedrick
The Linux IDE guy