Re: Framebuffer CHIPS 65555 driver

From: James A Simmons (jsimmons@acsu.buffalo.edu)
Date: Fri Jan 14 2000 - 21:45:11 EST

> What are the differences with the vesafb driver ??, speed ?, can I change
> resolutions without needing to reboot ? May I use the in/out RCA
> conectors, at least the out one to make Presentations with the notebook?

With native drivers you can change modes after booting if the card
supports it (Most can). It most likely with use the cards accel functions
to eliminate the latency problems that vesafb for fbcon has.

> If you need info about the chip, I have the .pdf with the specs (it may
> be downloaded from the intel site), also if you need a beta-tester, plz
> contact me.

I also recently downloaded the specs. Someone else was interested in this
driver. Its going to take time to read the 400+ pages. I also like to see
the 6900 series endup being supported.

Codito, ergo sum - "I code, therefore I am"
James Simmons (o_
fbdev/gfx developer (o_ (o_ //\
http://www.linux-fbdev.org (/)_ (/)_ V_/_
http://linuxgfx.sourceforge.net