Re: USB and BTTV Problems.

From: Gerd Knorr (kraxel@goldbach.in-berlin.de)
Date: Sat Jan 08 2000 - 11:09:44 EST

> On another note, the new BTTV driver doesn't want to work with the FM
> radio tuner in my Hauppauge card. The old one ( pre 2.3.34 and 2.2.x )
> is fine. When I start something like kradio or radio ( from Xawtv ) I
> get a nice fuzzy sound, but adjusting the tuning doesn't seem to do
> anything. In fact, if I boot windows and set it to some station and do a
> soft reboot to Linux it will still be tuned to that station and it isn't
> possible to change it.

Maybe the tuner works, but the msp3400 module (which does the sound)
does'nt?

> i2c-core.o: driver i2c msp3400 driver registered.
[ ... ]
> bttv: 1 Bt8xx card(s) found.

bttv. That's a initialization order problem, don't know yet how
to fix it. Just load bttv without loading the msp3400 module first
should work (bttv autoloads msp3400 then). rmmod and reinsert bttv
should fix it too.

  Gerd