Problems with 3c509 driver since upgrading to 2.2.13

From: Thomas Schenk (tschenk@deja.com)
Date: Wed Jan 05 2000 - 20:26:36 EST

We have been seeing a lot of problems logged of the following type since
upgrading to the 2.2.13 kernel from 2.0.37:

Nov 12 03:16:42 x45 kernel: eth0: transmit timed out, Tx_status 00 status 2000 Tx FIFO room 4092.
Nov 12 03:16:52 x45 kernel: eth0: transmit timed out, Tx_status 00 status 2000 Tx FIFO room 4092.

I have searched the 3c509 driver mailing list archives, USENET archives,
and the knowledgebase at LinuxCare, but can not find any help. While I
was searching, I found information about similar problems with other
drivers like the Intel EEPro10/100 and Tulip based cards and at one point
I thought I saw a message indicating that there was a problem with all of
the drivers that Donald Becker maintains, but when I went back to find it
I couldn't.

Please help.

Tom