Re: First draft list of 2.3.x "Things to fix"

From: Martin Mares (mj@suse.cz)
Date: Wed Jan 05 2000 - 15:48:04 EST

Hi Alan,

> I tried a couple of times to sort the mess out. I never got the PCI scan code to work
> right, it kept not checking resources, registering I/O as memory and stuff. I at least
> don't think its ready. The drivers also seemed to have problems (not that the existing
> ones dont). Right now I'd rather 2.3.x picked up the fixes from 2.2.14 for tulip and
> acquired the eepro100 and other work people have been doing then the bug fixes from
> Donalds driver updates.
>
> Its not that I don't think Don is on the right track, just I don't think he has the right
> implementation.

   If you want, I can take a look at his PCI probing code and fix the resource problems.
It seems to be close to trivial.

> Thats IMHO SGI's problem. Im assuming they will at some point resync with it and produce
> a small chunk of needed patches

   They say nobody is working on Linux VISWS stuff now.

                                Have a nice fortnight

--
Martin `MJ' Mares <mj@ucw.cz> <mj@suse.cz> http://atrey.karlin.mff.cuni.cz/~mj/
"Don't take life too seriously -- you'll never get out of it alive."