Re: perf with precise attribute kills all KVM based VMs

From: David Ahern
Date: Sun Jul 15 2012 - 21:51:56 EST

On 7/12/12 10:13 AM, Gleb Natapov wrote:
On Thu, Jul 12, 2012 at 07:06:35PM +0300, Gleb Natapov wrote:

So, is the idea of your patch to not enable the PEBS in guest mode?

Yes, the idea of my patch is to disable PEBS and the guest entry.

BTW what is you host cpu? My patch works only for those that have global
control register to disable PMU events, but that should cover most of
moder cpus.

So far all tests have been done on an HP with 2 Nehalem processors (E5540); I have another server with a couple of Westmere's (E5620) that I will test at some point.

David