Re: perf with precise attribute kills all KVM based VMs

From: Peter Zijlstra
Date: Thu Jul 12 2012 - 12:58:31 EST

On Thu, 2012-07-12 at 19:13 +0300, Gleb Natapov wrote:
> BTW what is you host cpu? My patch works only for those that have global
> control register to disable PMU events, but that should cover most of
> moder cpus.

That covers everything but core and p4, and I don't think we support
PEBS on either of those.

that said, you might want to also clear EN on the individual counters,
just in case the PEBS clear and DS_AREA clear aren't working.

The SDM is pretty clear on what you _should_ do to enable/disable PEBS,
doing less _might_ work but...