Re: question about CONFIG_BASE_SMALL

From: Mulyadi Santosa
Date: Wed Aug 04 2010 - 05:14:47 EST

Hi...

On Wed, Aug 4, 2010 at 15:38, Ryan Wang <openspace.wang@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
>      I noticed CONFIG_BASE_SMALL in different parts
> of the kernel code, with ifdef/ifndef.
>      I wonder what does CONFIG_BASE_SMALL mean?
> And how can I configure it, e.g. through make menuconfig?

Reply on top of my head: IIRC it means to disable certain things...or
possibly enabling things that might reduce memory footprints.

The goal....to make Linux kernel running more suitable for embedded
system and low level specification machine...

--
regards,

Mulyadi Santosa
Freelance Linux trainer and consultant