Re: question about CONFIG_BASE_SMALL

From: Yong Zhang
Date: Wed Aug 04 2010 - 05:00:52 EST

On Wed, Aug 04, 2010 at 04:38:12PM +0800, Ryan Wang wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I noticed CONFIG_BASE_SMALL in different parts
> of the kernel code, with ifdef/ifndef.
> I wonder what does CONFIG_BASE_SMALL mean?
> And how can I configure it, e.g. through make menuconfig?

Yeah, here:

init/Kconfig:
config BASE_SMALL
int
default 0 if BASE_FULL
default 1 if !BASE_FULL
config BASE_FULL
default y
bool "Enable full-sized data structures for core" if EMBEDDED
help
Disabling this option reduces the size of miscellaneous core
kernel data structures. This saves memory on small machines,