Re: make headers_install broken for ARCH=m68k in 2.6.29-rc7.

From: Greg Ungerer
Date: Wed Mar 18 2009 - 01:35:03 EST

Hi Rob,

Rob Landley wrote:
On Monday 16 March 2009 18:10:45 Greg Ungerer wrote:
git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/gerg/m68knommu.git
fix-includes
Did you get the "fix-includes" branch?

Quite possibly not. (I'm not a git person.)

I did a "git clone git://blah fix-includes" of the branch you gave a URL to, checked for tags and saw nothing particularly interesting, did a log -v and exported an archive of the most recent commit, and built it.

(Just tried it again with the same result.)

What _should_ I have done?

The git clone you have done will just get the master branch,
and put it in a directory named fix-includes.

Which is ok, but you still won't have the "fix-includes" branch.
Do this after the clone:

git pull git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/gerg/m68knommu.git fix-includes

Regards
Greg