Re: [Jfs-discussion] [BUG/JFS/2.6.29-rc8] kernel BUG at fs/mpage.c:473!

From: Sachin Sant
Date: Wed Mar 18 2009 - 01:29:38 EST

Dave Kleikamp wrote:
On Mon, 2009-03-16 at 12:40 +0530, Sachin Sant wrote:
While running file system stress (fsstress) on a JFS partition
with 2.6.29-rc8, i hit the following BUG.

I tried reproducing this yesterday, but was unsuccessful. Maybe I
didn't let it run long enough. Have you run this successfully on
earlier kernels? If so, what was the most recent that worked for you.
Have you seen it more than once? I'm not sure how easy it is to
reproduce.
I haven't tried to test with earlier kernels. This was the first
time i ran these tests on this particular box.I run the fsstress
on different type of file systems one after the another (in no
particular order ). Something like ..

* create ext2 filesystem on a device
* run fsstress.
* unmount the device.

I repeat the above steps with ext3, reiserfs and jfs. May be this
combination is causing this problem.

I have seen this problem on two partitions of a power box. Same problem
seem to have been reported earlier against 2.6.25-rcx kernel.

http://lkml.indiana.edu/hypermail/linux/kernel/0803.2/1418.html

Thanks
-Sachin