Re: gzip zombie / spawned from init

From: Nico Schottelius
Date: Tue Jun 14 2005 - 06:04:30 EST

Thanks for the fast answer, Bart.

Bart Hartgers [Tue, Jun 14, 2005 at 12:54:14PM +0200]:
> Nico Schottelius wrote:
> > [zombie in your head...]
>
> Yes and no. If a parent exits before its child, the child is reparented
> to init. loadkeys probably doesn't wait properly for gzip to finish.

Ok, so I'll try to contact the loadkeys developer.

> >cinit forks() loadkeys and does waitpid() for it. There is no
> > loadkeys zombie, only gzip.
>
> Use waitpid(-1,...) or wait(...) to wait on all childeren in your init.
> gzip will become a child of cinit.

Well, wait waitpid(-1, ...) cannot be used, as there are many other
children (the system is booting up at the time the gzip process
becomes a zombie).

Still you cleared this issue for me.

Nico

--
Keep it simple & stupid, use what's available.
Please use pgp encryption: 8D0E 27A4 is my id.