Re: symbios 875 not finding scsi devices in 2.3.x?

Keith Owens (kaos@ocs.com.au)
Fri, 31 Dec 1999 10:32:27 +1100

On Thu, 30 Dec 1999 12:21:29 -0500,
<mark@hoist.nlc.net> wrote:
>Hello; I have a hard drive & 2 cdroms hooked up to a symbios 875
>which used to work perfectly.
>
>The scsi bios is able to detect the drives just fine, but the
>Linux driver finds 1 host and quickly skips past the device
>detection, which used to take 10-20 seconds.

ASUS SC875 works fine for me on 2.3.35-SMP. .config extract.

# CONFIG_SCSI_NCR53C7xx is not set
CONFIG_SCSI_NCR53C8XX=y
# CONFIG_SCSI_SYM53C8XX is not set
CONFIG_SCSI_NCR53C8XX_DEFAULT_TAGS=8
CONFIG_SCSI_NCR53C8XX_MAX_TAGS=4
CONFIG_SCSI_NCR53C8XX_SYNC=20
# CONFIG_SCSI_NCR53C8XX_PROFILE is not set
# CONFIG_SCSI_NCR53C8XX_IOMAPPED is not set
CONFIG_SCSI_NCR53C8XX_SYMBIOS_COMPAT=y

Watch the SYMBIOS_COMPAT option, some cards claim to be Symbios
compatible but are not. If in doubt, set that option off.