Re: I compiled USB as a module (2.3.35) but depmod doesn't find the compiled modules.

Keith Owens (kaos@ocs.com.au)
Thu, 30 Dec 1999 23:24:14 +1100

On Thu, 30 Dec 1999 04:26:39 -0800,
Miles Lane <miles@amazon.com> wrote:
>The following modules are all present in /lib/modules/2.3.35/usb:
>
> ezusb.o scanner.o usb-uhci.o usbcore.o
>
>depmod -ae does not bug me a modules.dep file with any USB entries in
>it.

You are running a version of modutils that does not know about the usb
module directory. Get a more recent version of modutils, scan
Documentation/Changes for modutils. The latest version is 2.3.9.