Re: Eicon Diva 2.0 pci installation

Karsten Keil (kkeil@suse.de)
Wed, 29 Dec 1999 00:11:14 +0100

On Mon, Dec 27, 1999 at 06:21:40PM +0530, prakash@rnd.cts-corp.com wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I am trying to install Eicon Diva 2.0 pci card on my linux box running
> Red Hat 6.1, kernel 2.2.20.

Which kernel ?

> The problem is that when a
> modprobe hisax type=11 protocol=2 is done
> I get a error message Diva: No PCI bus found.
> This error message is printed out in diva.c.
> But since CONFIG_PCI is defined i don't think this should be printed out

Yes, only if you don't have a PCI bus.
The code is simple here and I cannot see an error:

if (!pci_present()) {
printk(KERN_ERR "Diva: no PCI bus present\n");
return(0);
}

pci.h:
#define pci_present pcibios_present
#ifndef CONFIG_PCI
/* If the system does not have PCI, clearly these return errors. Define
these as simple inline functions to avoid hair in drivers. */
extern inline int pcibios_present(void) { return 0; }

Only idea:
Your installed kernel was not compiled with CONFIG_PCI.

Karsten