Re: NTFS Write Code ?

Steve Dodd (dirk@loth.demon.co.uk)
Tue, 28 Dec 1999 15:44:52 +0000

On Wed, Dec 22, 1999 at 04:08:42PM -0000, Daniel Silverstone (Kinnison) wrote:

> Last time I heard, Steve Dodd was working on NTFS. He's been rather
> busy at the moment - his PHB has given him work to do (AFAIK).
> I'll poke him some time if he doesn't wake up at the mention of NTFS

Yes, the (just about) paid job is sucking all of my time away at the moment.
Martin von L. is still officially the NTFS maintainer, but I've heard
virtually nothing of/from him for months. If I do anything, it'll probably
a complete rewrite, or perhaps a port of the Free(?)BSD driver. I'll also
need to have a rummage around and find out what's changed in the VFS/mm
systems since I last looked. Anyone want to pay me to hack filesystems? <g>

Whether NTFS {should,will have to} be dropped from 2.4 is a decision for
somebody else. If I find time I'll poke at it and see what needs doing.

Oh, and the PHB isn't too bad. He could be pointier-haired :-)