RE: [Way way OT] Hrm... we may have some spammers harvesting addresses lurking on this list

David Schwartz (davids@webmaster.com)
Tue, 28 Dec 1999 00:11:35 -0800

> No sooner do I mail something to the linux-kernel list with a fresh
> spam-bait address, I get some spam-junk a few minutes later sent to that
> fresh address.
>
> Most peculiar. This message constitutes a test of my assumption.
>
> =R=

Pretty stupid considering that the vast majority of the readers of this
list won't do business with companies that spam and the proportion of people
willing to investigate spam and complain to the appropriate parties (or even
the RBL) is probably much higher here than on most mailing lists.

DS