Re: Fix for sound problems on ad1848 after laptop suspend

Harald Milz (hm@seneca.muc.de)
Wed, 24 Nov 1999 12:54:50 +0100 (CET)

Adrian Bridgett <bridgett@deadbeef.freeserve.co.uk> wrote:
> I get this on an IBM Thinkpad 770X (2.2.13-preX kernel). I normally have to
> kill xmms because otherwise the suspend fails. Upon reopening the lid,
> sound doesn't work. If I rmmod cs4232 and insmod it again, things work once
> more.

This is something apmd can handle for you (kill processes accessing the
sound devices, rmmod the sound modules and re-insert them on resume). Works
fine on my TP600. Other than that, the linux-thinkpad mailing list is what
you're looking for :-)

--
Laugh at your problems; everybody else does.