Re: EXT3 and reiserfs in same 2.2.13 kernel

Hans Reiser (reiser@idiom.com)
Tue, 23 Nov 1999 16:55:57 +0300

Thanks for the bug report.

Chris, if we change journal to transaction, we can fix this.

Hans

Matthias Andree wrote:

> "Stephen C. Tweedie" <sct@redhat.com> writes:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > On Fri, 12 Nov 1999 23:52:00 -0500, Scott McDermott
> > <vaxerdec@frontiernet.net> said:
> >
> > > Eric Dumas on Sun 7/11 10:24 -0800:
> >
> > > Is it really named JFS?
> >
> > No. "linux/fs/jfs" is where the general-purpose journaling code I've
> > added lives, but the externally-visible journaled filesystem which
> > lives on top of that is called ext3 for now.
>
> I tried to patch a 2.2.13 with reiserfs and ext3, apart from the crucial
> Makefile rejects, I get symbol collisions for these symbols:
>
> buffer_journaled() <- a lot
> journal_release() <- a couple (2)
>
> It compiled, but reiserfs ooopsed then. Not sure if there are further
> duplicate symbols that went unnoticed.
>
> I'm using ext3-0.0.2c on a plain-2.2.13+reiserfs, with the kdb-patches
> that come with ext3 applied. reiserfs is the beta with journaling
> support.
>
> --
> Matthias Andree
>
> Hi! I'm the infamous .signature virus!
> Copy me into your ~/.signature to help me spread!
>
> -

Get Linux (http://www.kernel.org) plus ReiserFS
 (http://devlinux.org/namesys).  If you sell an OS or
internet appliance, buy a port of ReiserFS!  If you
need customizations and industrial grade support, we sell them.