Re: 2.3.28 bug in ramdisk loading.

Tigran Aivazian (tigran@sco.COM)
Mon, 15 Nov 1999 16:13:11 +0000 (GMT)

sorry, to clarify even *further* -

On Mon, 15 Nov 1999, Tigran Aivazian wrote:
> to clarify further - it is as if gunzip() gunzip'd everything successfully
> but the data it produced is all zeros.

I did *not* mean to say that at all. Exactly opposite - i.e. gunzip()
(called from crd_load()) is completely irrelevant - it loads zeroes even
from uncompressed ext2 filesystem. But dcache level works fine, i.e. we
can find files correctly but not read their data - could this be a bug in
ext2? I could try and build a minix-based ramdisk floppy, or not load
ramdisk at all - just mount root off /dev/fd0 - opportunities are endless
and I am going to try them all tonight :)

Regards,
Tigran.