Re: info scope doesn't work for modules...

Tigran Aivazian (tigran@sco.COM)
Mon, 15 Nov 1999 07:51:20 +0000 (GMT)

On Sat, 13 Nov 1999, Keith Owens wrote:
> WHich version of gdb are you using? gdb 4.16 is confused by .o files
> compiled with -g. AFAICT, the problem is fixed in gdb 4.17. When you
> say "it didn't work", what are the symptoms?

the default gdb that comes with rh61, i.e. 4.18. Btw, I recompiled 2.3.28
cleanly making sure that everything is -g'd and it works now :)

must have been a user error and I am very reluctant to go back to earlier
version to verify - all is well that ends well :)

(besides I am busy debugging this new and exciting "kmod requests
binfmt-0000" bug in 2.3.28 so "info scope" can wait)

Regards,
Tigran.