Re: 2.3.27 and initrd...

Alexander Viro (viro@math.psu.edu)
Fri, 12 Nov 1999 11:06:32 -0500 (EST)

On Fri, 12 Nov 1999, Sergey Kubushin wrote:

> People !!!
>
> Is it supposed to be fixed ? Ever ?
>
> Does anybody care at all ?

Apparently, you do. So... where are your patches?

> How can one try modular SCSI or modular IDE if it's impossible to get an
> initial RAM disk ?
>
> I can understand that there are some more urgent tasks, but this bug is
> already through several "releases" :(( How can the shiny new 2.4 can be
> released if half of 2.3 is not compilable at all ? Does anybody try to
> compile the whole thing ?

If you expect 2.4 immediately - go and take a shower. And stop sniffing
Moment, it leads to braindamage.
Sergey, right now 2.3 still has problems with main filesystems. 2.3 still
has problems (to put it mildly) with SCSI. If 2.4 will be released now
the only thing going to shine will be our collective spanked ass. If you
want something done ASAP - submit patches.