Re: MPS version

Andre Hedrick (andre@suse.com)
Thu, 11 Nov 1999 19:27:34 -0800 (PST)

Here is the "GEEK" secret on the REV 2 v/s REV 1 differences.
There are no markings or gerber date markers for the PCB house that I know
about. The only way that I know tell the difference is to look at the
socket 370 design.

REV 1 used metal lever arms.
CPU fan headers are marked backwards, imperical tests by me.

REV 2 uses (first production run) plastic lever arms.
New lanes to the CPU fan headers make them report correctly now.

I told this was a true geek secret........
There is one more method but it is not verifable, thus I will have to hunt
for another third check.

Andre Hedrick
The Linux IDE guy