IBMMCA-SCSI was: NFS

David Weinehall (tao@acc.umu.se)
Thu, 11 Nov 1999 19:56:11 +0100 (MET)

On Thu, 11 Nov 1999, Alan Cox wrote:

> > Well... The kernel boots, the ibmmca SCSI-driver starts probing drives,
> > and BOOM, it panics... Same panic every time, too.
>
> Ok
>
> > IBM MCA SCSI: ERROR - command error!
> > Last SCSI-command=0x0, ldn=6, host=0.
>
> TEST_UNIT_READY for device id 6. Is that a disk or a cdrom ?
>
> > Last SCB Address (LSW)......: 4b50
> > Last SCB Address (MSW)......: fe
>
> and the SCB addr looks believable.

/proc/scsi/scsi

Attached devices:
Host: scsi0 Channel: 00 Id: 00 Lun: 00
Vendor: IBM Model: WDS-3200 !J Rev: S560
Host: scsi0 Channel: 00 Id: 05 Lun: 00
Vendor: FUJITSU Model: M2694ES-512 Rev: 812A

No CD's as far as eyes can see. In fact, none of my computers has one.
(Kind of stinks, really.)

I'm doing some tests to find out what kernel was the first to bug out.

/David
_ _
// David Weinehall <tao@acc.umu.se> /> Northern lights wander \\
// Project MCA Linux hacker // Dance across the winter sky //
\> http://www.acc.umu.se/~tao/ </ Full colour fire </