Re: devfs v136, ZIP disks and glibc-2.1.2

(no name) ((no email))
09 Nov 1999 22:06:57 -0500

> In a perfect Linux world, everbody knows what he is doing and is a perfect
> unix system administrator. In the real world, a lot of people doesn't know
> anything about Unix. They think, I don't know what /dev/pts is, so I don't
> need it and I can remove it.

So, should glibc also try to cater to idiots who remove random
files and screw up their config in random ways ?
Time for a reality check: if they did something wrong, it's probably
*good* that it breaks their xterms !

Stefan