Re: APIC errors and aic7xxx interrupts w/SMP on 2.3.25

Trond Myklebust (mark@hoist.nlc.net)
Tue, 9 Nov 1999 08:34:02 -0500

I'm not getting them on 2.3.26... I'll keep watching it though.

Mark

My machine (bp6 celeron dual) has APIC error and strange SCSI
interrups.
I don't know the relations of those.

mark@hoist.nlc.net writes:
> I was looking at dmesg this morning after installing 2.3.25 last night
> and saw the following:
>
> APIC error interrupt on CPU#0, should never happen.
> ... APIC ESR0: 00000000
> ... APIC ESR1: 0000000a

I have the same APIC error messages as above.

Another problem is on aic7xxx.

/proc/interrupts saids the SCSI driver produces massive interrupts,
about 17000 interrupts per second for each CPU even if no SCSI
devices are attached.

The SCSI I/F(2940UWD) is a dual channel SCSI adaptor, only one of the
channel produces interupts.

This happens on 2.3.25 but not on 2.3.18.

Does anybody tell me a clue?

--
Computer Systems Laboratory, Fujitsu Labs.
kumon@flab.fujitsu.co.jp