Re: toplevel Makefile bug and simple fix

danielt@digi.com
Mon, 8 Nov 1999 09:37:52 -0600 (CST)

On Mon, 8 Nov 1999, Alan Cox wrote:

> > people), but the decision has been made.
> >
> > Note, though, that it is **very** important that /usr/include/linux and
> > /usr/include/asm correspond to the default kernel that you are booting.
>
> Ted, you are assuming people will build stuff on the machine they are
> running from. Its certainly a convenient assumption for the majority
> of uses but a lot of big have all their kernel building/images in one
> place not around machines.

For people installing driver packages on a system this is generally
the case.

> I'm not convinced /usr/include/linux is sufficient. Perhaps we need
> a more explicit naming ?

/usr/include/this_is_the_symlink_to_the_kernel_headers_do_not_touch!

Naaah, I think that would be a bit much.

--
Daniel Taylor      Senior Test Engineer     Digi International
danielt@digi.com                             Open systems win.