Re: Avoiding SBPro common message?

Mike A. Harris (mharris@meteng.on.ca)
Sun, 31 Oct 1999 04:14:17 -0500 (EST)

On Sat, 30 Oct 1999, Jeff Garzik wrote:

>The following message ("This sound card may not...") appears when my via
>audio driver initializes. How can I get rid of it?
>
>Regards,
>
> Jeff
>

>via82cxxx: legacy MIDI: 0x330, SB: 0x220 / 5 IRQ / 1 DMA
><VIA 82Cxxx Audio driver 1.0.0 (3.02)> at 0x220 irq 5 dma 1,0
>This sound card may not be fully Sound Blaster Pro compatible.
>In many cases there is another way to configure OSS so that
>it works properly with OSS (for example in 16 bit mode).
>Please ignore this message if you _really_ have a SB Pro.
><VIA 82Cxxx Audio driver 1.0.0> at 0x330 irq 1 dma 0,0
>via82cxxx: VIA 82Cxxx Audio driver 1.0.0 loaded

grep the source tree for part of the static text of the message.
When you find it, comment it out, and recompile.

--
Mike A. Harris                                     Linux advocate
Computer Consultant                                  GNU advocate

Join the FreeMWare project - the goal to produce a FREE program in which you can run Windows 95/98/NT, and other operating systems.

http://www.freemware.org