Re: ide-cd underestimates NEC260 CDROM drive.

Jens Axboe (axboe@image.dk)
Tue, 26 Oct 1999 19:09:09 +0200

On Tue, Oct 26 1999, David Woodhouse wrote:
> axboe@image.dk said:
> > The special case for nec260 was always there, it's just that in
> > 2.2.13 the setup changed a bit wrt audioplay/eject. NEC 260 drives
> > were never probed, I suppose they fail or don't support the
> > capabilities page at all. The patch looks good, though. Alan, could
> > you apply?
>
> While we're at it, what about the ioctl patches to support DVD key negotiation?
> Surely they can't be considered unexportable?
>
> http://livid.on.openprojects.net/linux-dvd-2.2.5-3.diff

Clearly you haven't looked closely at 2.3 CD-ROM yet :)

The problem with the above patch is that it is ide-cd
specific. The code in 2.3 is heavily based on Andrew's
patch, but is not SCSI/ATAPI specific and thus work
on both equally well.

I do provide patches for 2.2 on my page, but I haven't
updated the 2.2 one in a while (i.e. it goes cleanly
on top of 2.2.12, but not 2.2.13 right now).

If there is sufficient interest I can generate a clean
patch for 2.2.13.

--
*  Jens Axboe <axboe@image.dk>
*  Linux CD-ROM Maintainer