Re: Intel E1000 server gig-card?

Greg Maxwell (greg@linuxpower.cx)
Mon, 25 Oct 1999 18:34:55 -0400

Alan Cox wrote:

> > It includes nearly 4000 lines of GPLed code on my system (by including
> > 22 kernel headers).
>
> Headers and code are different things
>
> > I glanced at it's license, didn't see a reason why it couldn't be GPLed.
>
> Also remember the GPL subsumes anything freer. So you can mix code that is
> as free as the GPL with the GPL as GPL. This is why we can share code
> with FreeBSD that doesn't have the advertising clause.
>
> If it bugs you, write a clean GPL driver from their nailed together DLPI
> glue and driver.

Oh no, I like the license just fine! I was just concerned that it might
not be GPL compatiable.

Headers and code might be differnt things, but there are macros.. Which
are code, and if this licence was not GPL compatible, then a binary of
it would be in violation.

I was just curious, not trying to start a flame war.