Re: menuconfig error for Linux kernel 2.2.12

Sami Lappalainen (sammyl@cc.hut.fi)
Fri, 22 Oct 1999 21:49:43 +0300 (EET DST)

On Fri, 22 Oct 1999, Michael Elizabeth Chastain wrote:

> > sed: can't read MCerror: No such file or directory
>
> That's strange. I can't imagine how the MCerror file failed to get
> created. I've never seen that happen before.
>
> Perhaps your source directory is read-only, or your disk is full?

Yes, it seems that I bugged you for nothing. After logging in as root it
worked fine. There must be some permissions that I couldn't access as a
regular user, or some paths were set wrong.

Anyway, the menuconfig worked. However, I couldn't get it to compile for
some reason. I don't know if RH6.1 upgrade has modified my /usr/src/linux,
but seeing that 2.2.13 has been released I just downloaded that.

We'll see if I get this to compile - make dep is so far so good. :)

Anyway, sorry for the fuzz and thanks to you guys for great work!

--Sammy <sammy@iki.fi> 040-548 5154 www.iki.fi/sammy