Re: fd_offset is not page aligned

Fri, 22 Oct 1999 15:33:00 +0200

Andrea Arcangeli wrote:
> You are using ZMAGIC binaries. Ugrade them if you want to share their
> mappings. OTOH now you'll be able to use them even if the filesystem has a
> 4k blocksize.

Don't we need to support non-aligned shared mappings for Wine's sake?
Most Windows executables are not page aligned and usually very large...

Of course I'm not suggesting sharing between different alignments. And
it would be entirely reasonable that a non-aligned mapping would pull
stuff into the aligned page cache, copy it to non-aligned shared pages
(shared per alignment) and let the originals fade out of the page cache.

Just a thought.
-- Jamie